Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Phak it!!! Rockstar Wanna - be

What am I thinking now? Have I lost interest about the things that mattered to me? Have I gone dull and bored with my daily routine? I haven’t had much time with myself; I haven’t made any contemplation about my life lately. I need to run away, just need to have my own place and time as of now. Listening to my collection of old school pinoy rock, my first dose of rock music was when I was still in elementary. Eraserheads was only starting then, E.B. my classmate was the youngest sister of the vocalist. She gave out free posters(with signatures) just to persuade us…her classmates to buy her brother’s debut album which eventually we did since I never really categorized what kind of rock music the Eraserheads offered to their listeners before.
Yes, I have joined the band wagon. Ever since, I bought that album…I started to learn on my own how to play the guitar and just by observing my guitar gurus that time. I never wasted time to study the chords though I have the background of playing the piano when I was still in grade 3. I can basically say that my ears are inclined to music already. With that as my stepping stone, I started to buy foreign and opm tapes then by yano, rivermaya, eraserheads, silverchair, red hot chili peppers, nirvana and my ever first coño rock album wolfgang when I was still in grade school. Then in high school, I got my to hear the doors, better than ezra, rage against the machine, weezer, gin blossoms, jars of clay and fuel.
From that moment on, my ears are attuned to rock, alternative, progressive and indie rock. Nevertheless, heck I listen to the most decent music I hear on the radio or in the net courtesy of the independent websites who showcases raw and rare bands.
KUDOS to the rare bands who never cease to re – invent themselves and was never bothered in going to the mainstream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home