Friday, July 01, 2005

Mother Teresa of Motels

Got this article, way back…how long…

* Told you I am Mina Loy, not Anais Nin. And like her I am the overlooked, the lost one…but I love your story. And I understand. I have gone exploring into the realms of shadows cast by incandescent lights. Sprawling Acapulco to my left and a length of mirrors to my right. The tradegy of how everything can be turned on or off by a click of a button, a panel of which is only an armstretch away. The greater tragedy of learning passion is coaxed awake like a curled snake but flicked on or off like a button whether deliberate or otherwise. I walk into one of those rooms and pick gnarled hair from my sheets. In my mind I could see a torn breast in one corner, a cur finger on the sink, a tongue unflushed in the bowl…I got cup up like that. At one point I imagined I would walk in one of those rooms and come out bodiless. I hate how lovers turn their eyeless faces toward me. And how their skins would begin to speak in sharp little voices, "Touch me, touch me!!!" I abhorred them but I would relent, a Mother Teresa of motels. Though I believe charity for charity. Men, pitiful clay creatures that need to be fired up to stiffen, only to dissolve when I rain. Men, they don’t know how to make love to water. There is in mythology the Vagina Dentata, the cunt with teeth. I have that curse. I castrate them slowly. Every time they pull out their penises they are a little less than before. It makes them mad when I leave, anguished at the loss of what I have swallowed. I am the Mother Teresa of motels but I force the charity of the generous. That work bored me no end. Intelligent men with eloquent Aristotelian tongues begin to stutter. Warm men begin to grow cold reptilian skin. Passionate men reduced to writhing worms. Nothing beautiful, romantic about sex. It is a roll in the mud because we are all closest to pigs. Nostalgia for a night of sex is like the pig wearing trousers, looking out of the window, at the stars. Feed! Feed! Feed! That’s all. I feed because my monsters are hungry!





1 Comments:

Blogger maria said...

:O?!?

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home