SO CLOSE YET SO FAR….VERY VERY FAR
From the song “Girl in the LIFE magazine” by Boyz II Men
I fell in love with the girl in the picture that I used to dream.
Carrying her around in the back of my pocket she is always with me.
I knew in her eyes that she’s so very special…
The girl in the LIFE magazine
All of my friends used to laugh that I was undeniable mad
Til the day that you came and blew them away…
You fell in love with my letters and you’re looking for me…
And asked me if I could be your man
The girl in the LIFE magazine
Those are just snippets of the song Girl in the LIFE magazine… I know that you might be thinking that I’m going insane. For falling for someone I haven’t even met personally, made a long time commitment, giving all that I can without expecting in return because nobody would return that attention I gave. She came, she saw and yes, she conquered. She captured my heart with no warning or whatsoever. I just stood still, stunned and in awe…thinking that I am in euphoria for that ecstatic feeling. She came into my life, she saw me but I never saw her back. Literally though, I really saw only her back because she was darn fast in eluding my stares and the eagerness to know where that Muse has gone. She conquered my whole being, my undivided attention, cares and emotions.
I am fully aware that I am a joke, a laughing stock to all of my friends and those who know me. Reasoning was not an option, for no reasons could be accepted for what I have already done is done. Everytime I hear that song, I get sick…sick of the thought that for the very first time I have let down my guard and fell in love with a total stranger. A pseudo – identity that only she knows who she really was.
I only hope that I could have twisted the reality of my story, I wish I could have seen her, touched her, kissed her and caressed her. Give her all the time and attention she wants, foolishly I will take the chances of being hurt. But nevertheless, I’d accept it whole heartedly for I know that it was all worth it.
March 07, 2005 1:44 am
I fell in love with the girl in the picture that I used to dream.
Carrying her around in the back of my pocket she is always with me.
I knew in her eyes that she’s so very special…
The girl in the LIFE magazine
All of my friends used to laugh that I was undeniable mad
Til the day that you came and blew them away…
You fell in love with my letters and you’re looking for me…
And asked me if I could be your man
The girl in the LIFE magazine
Those are just snippets of the song Girl in the LIFE magazine… I know that you might be thinking that I’m going insane. For falling for someone I haven’t even met personally, made a long time commitment, giving all that I can without expecting in return because nobody would return that attention I gave. She came, she saw and yes, she conquered. She captured my heart with no warning or whatsoever. I just stood still, stunned and in awe…thinking that I am in euphoria for that ecstatic feeling. She came into my life, she saw me but I never saw her back. Literally though, I really saw only her back because she was darn fast in eluding my stares and the eagerness to know where that Muse has gone. She conquered my whole being, my undivided attention, cares and emotions.
I am fully aware that I am a joke, a laughing stock to all of my friends and those who know me. Reasoning was not an option, for no reasons could be accepted for what I have already done is done. Everytime I hear that song, I get sick…sick of the thought that for the very first time I have let down my guard and fell in love with a total stranger. A pseudo – identity that only she knows who she really was.
I only hope that I could have twisted the reality of my story, I wish I could have seen her, touched her, kissed her and caressed her. Give her all the time and attention she wants, foolishly I will take the chances of being hurt. But nevertheless, I’d accept it whole heartedly for I know that it was all worth it.
March 07, 2005 1:44 am
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home